Friday, May 14, 2021

A Tale of Two Students

 I was asked to work with Boy A yesterday because he had only gotten a 60% on his last two "Quiz Whiz" tests and Aimee knew he was far more capable than that!  He pouted when she told him, he pouted all the way to my room, and then he failed to do anything.  So I told him I was texting Mrs. Bakke to let her know his choice.  He had just started to work quite begrudgingly when she came in to check on him.  He finally finished his "Quiz Whiz" and returned to classroom.  I found out later that he left the room angrily and disappeared for about fifteen minutes, which of course only brought more consequences.

After Boy A, I worked with Boy B on his "hero poster".  His hero was "Gorge Washington, our first presAdent".  He was so thankful for my help and the time that we were able to spend together that he willingly corrected the typos I found and finished his poster on "George Washington, our first president".     

No comments:

Post a Comment