Thursday, September 3, 2020

The Y Inservice

We had our quarterly Y swim instructor inservice last night.  Elaine had us share our names, how long we'd been at the Y, what we did at the Y and something we were looking forward to this fall.  

My response went something like this: "Hi, I'm Margo.  I've been at this branch - it will be thirteen years this fall.  To be perfectly honest, what I'm looking forward to most this fall is - my husband changed elementary schools and his new principal wants all of his teachers to teach from the classroom and not from home.  I won't have to go to fifth grade anymore!"

Every married woman in the room laughed and then started talking about how tough it was to have their husbands working from home while all of the singles just did NOT get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment