Thursday, September 10, 2020

Thankful Thursday! - Part One

Last night, I was so looking forward to writing this post today.  You see, since COVID, my hours were DRASTICALLY cut at the YMCA from four shifts a week to just two. I also haven't been able to work at Sand Creek due to lack of bilateral face mask usage.

On a whim, I started to look for a new jobs with Lakeville Public Schools.  My former supervisors were wonderful, quickly putting together letters of recommendations for me.  Even one of Matt and Micah's former principals put in a good word for me.  

I had an on-line interview yesterday morning and was offered the job last night.  I will be a Title One Tutor, a regular tutor and recess supervisor at Oak Hills Elementary from 9:30 a.m. - 3:15 p.m., five days a week.  

I am thankful for so many things:

  • For the kind letters my former supervisors wrote, 
  • For the encouragement those letters gave me,
  • That my boss at the Y was so very understanding when I semi-retired today,
  • That I actually got the job!  
It's going to be way different, but as a family we're excited!

 

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment