Saturday, September 12, 2020

Do you ever have . . .

 . . . one of those days where you're not going to win no matter how hard you try?

While I was showing the kids my "new" rental car last night, we noticed the tags were expired - like May expired!  So this morning I called the agency and was told to come in and get a new car.

Sam and I picked up the car, I dropped him off for a haircut appointment, and went to JoAnn Fabrics to look for bulletin board material for Sam.  I found no material.  Even worse, I couldn't find the car fobs!  We had two staff plus the manager looking with us.  We went door to door in the strip mall to see if the fobs had been turned in somewhere else.  Maybe I had lost them in the parking lot.  I was getting more and more nauseous by the minute.  (Sometime soon I really WANT to follow doctor's orders and take it easy!)

Sam called Micah to come and get me.  Sam called the rental agency.  The rental agency called a tow truck.  Sam went back into JoAnn's to look ONE.MORE.TIME.  He found the fobs!

Matt brought me back to JoAnn's.  I drove the rental home.  It was now 2 p.m.  We had left home at 9:30 a.m.  

But there was no rest for the weary!  No, we needed to look for a "new" car.  One of the dealerships didn't like me sitting on the floor utterly exhausted, so they brought both of us a chair.  Finally, at 4:45, Sam said, "Let's go to church."  You KNOW that's when the day began to get better!

The best part was our friends Tara and Jameson finding us after church and then joining us for dinner at our house.  Totally spur of the moment!  Totally great time!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment