Thursday, September 10, 2020

Thankful Thursday! - Part Two

Today, I'm just thankful to be alive!  

I was driving down Portland Avenue on my way home from a great swim at the Y.  At the first intersection after the round-a-bout, I was in utter shock as I watched a little red car run the stop sign and crash in to me.  Every air bag in my car deployed. I was knocked around, but I was alive.  Eventually, I managed to get out of the car.  I had hit both of my bionic knees, got an interesting cut on my left leg and TOTALLY bruised my sternum.  



We took these shots of the Toy at the towing place this afternoon.  It's so totaled.  I've spent my day on the phone with the insurance company, the doctor's, Allen's Towing, trying to get a loaner car and talking with a few friends from the Y who saw bits and pieces.  I've called friends and neighbors for rides to the doctor's and the chiropracter.  Needless to say, I don't have a loaner car - yet.  And, I hurt. 

Here's what's amazing:  the driver of the other car only had a scratch on his hand and his twin daughters in the back seat were physically fine.  

Here's what's stupid:  "But Google didn't say to stop."  You have GOT to be kidding me!  Really?!?

So here it is - the first week of school for Sam.  I have a new job.  I am in great pain that is only going to get worse before it gets better.  We need to buy a new car.  But, I am alive! 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment