Thursday, September 3, 2020

Thankful Thurday - oddly!

I was swimming laps this morning at the Y, when Glen, an eighty-something-year-old-man, asked if he could ask me a question.  Oddest question ever.  Pointing to his chest, he said, "Have you always been that small or did you have cancer?"  

Woah.  I think that crossed a line.  What I'm thankful for is the book I've been re-reading, "Unoffendable" by Brant Hansen.  I could have chosen to get angry at him, but I chose instead to be unoffended.  I replied, "Yes."  Then he went on to say he had three daughters with three different sizes.  T.M.I.  The "largest" had had breast reduction surgery due to breast cancer.  Way T.M.I.! 

I tried to end that conversation quickly, grateful that I was unoffendable, but thinking I may need to share this conversation with my supervisor tomorrow because it's just not sitting right.

No comments:

Post a Comment