Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Surprise Me!

I'm currently re-reading the book, "Be the Surprise!" by Terry Esau.  He has an earlier book that I've never read, but he refers to in the book I am reading called "Surprise Me!".

With all the hassle of the car accident, I've just been praying that God would surprise me.  My thought for the "surprise" is that God would provide us with enough settlement money to pay for either a "new to us car" in full or even a new car in full.  

I don't know where God is at with that, but let me tell you how He's been in the business of surprising me just today:

  • I don't have a fob yet to open the school doors.  Today, I prayed that someone would be there to let me in at 10:00.  I walked in with my new co-worker Danette.
  • I told Danette that she was an answer to prayer.  She said she was glad to hear I prayed.  I asked her where she went to church (take a risk!).  She said, "Berean."  I said, "Me, too."  A great conversation ensued. 
  • Stacy, another new co-worker gave me a building tour today.  First I ran into my friend, Tracy, who is a special ed para.  She greeted me with a huge smile!  Then I ran into my friend, Heather, who greeted me with great joy!  Next I ran into the speech teacher who said, "You had my daughter Mallory in swimming lessons at the Y!"
  • I discovered that our schedules until October 2, are NOT what our schedules would be in a "normal" (non-COVID) school year.  Our team motto has become "blessed are the flexible" - just like Mercy Ships, without the waves rocking! 
  • We only worked an hour today, so I went to get groceries at Fresh Thyme.  My favorite checkout person, Linda, noticed two women had literally budged in front of me while I was in the checkout line and she gave me her staff discount, even though she wasn't the person checking me out!
  • I was checked out by Mitchell, who said to me, "You had me in swimming lessons."  "Oh, really, where?"  "I was in your WSA class three or four years ago."  Excellent!
  • Not only did my car get totaled in the accident, but the phone I had purchased three and a half days earlier and had yet to set up voice mail on, was damaged.  The OTHER insurance agent called today (his, not mine!) and after he asked me all his questions, I asked him mine, "What about my phone?"  They will at least pay what I paid, but we purchased during a sale and with Best Buy Bonus Bucks, so we're not sure if they'll give us more, but at least I'm not out a phone. 
  •  
  • "Thank you, Jesus, for all of these wonderful surprises today!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment