Thursday, September 3, 2020

How to End a Marriage

Sam and I started painting our house together last Thursday.  He asked me to paint the white trim and he would paint the blue.  

It didn't take long for me to figure out that the white trim was up the highest.  Now, I am in no way afraid of heights, but I am only 5'5" and he is 6'1".  That's an eight inch difference, folks.  He can lift the big ladder.  I struggle to moved the mid-size ladder.  He has two knees from God.  I have two knees from Dr. Johnson.  I can guarantee his knees work better.  I explained this to him.  He replied, "I want to paint the blue."  

So, I painted white.  Up on the deck, I forgot I had a half a can of paint on my ladder when I moved it.  He did clean it up for me.  Then he asked me to paint blue with the wrong ladder.  He cleaned a tray of blue paint off of the front step.  Then he let me paint down low without a ladder.  Our marriage was saved! 

No comments:

Post a Comment