Monday, September 17, 2018

The Melon Knee

Remember after swimming last Thursday, my right knee was twice the size of my left knee?  Rather a bit like a melon?  Well, today I know why.  

I met with the orthopedic surgeon after having x-rays taken.  Bits of my knee caps are rubbing on each other - it was as clear as day on the x-rays.

The game plan is for me to go in next Tuesday and have some of the fluid removed, then get a "cortisone"-like shot.  I get to lay low on Wednesday and it's back to reality on Thursday.

Here's hoping it works.  There is talk of a partial knee cap replacement down the road, but a long way down the road would be fine with me.

Meanwhile, I am grieving the loss of running.  I will probably never run again.  We are hoping I can walk - normally . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment