Friday, September 14, 2018

Thankful Thursday! (Running late . . . )

I can honestly tell you I was not feeling one bit thankful when I walked into the pool yesterday and saw that I would have to share the lap lane with Carla, who truly is the best!; "The Tank", who has that build, moves slow like one, and will let no one pass her; and "Slappy" - oh, how we all would like to correct her stroke!  Stop hitting the water!!!

I can't say I was extremely thankful when I got done swimming and noticed that my knee was twice the size it should be.  Nor was I happy that two lifeguards, the water ex instructor and the boss all noticed it, too.

But what I am thankful for was that when I stopped by Twin Cities Ortho to get some new modeling clay for my hand exercises (even though they gave me the wrong clay!), I was able to get in to see a knee doctor Monday morning.  When I hear stories of our dear patients aboard the good ship Mercy who wait years upon agonizing years to see a doctor, I am thankful that I only have to wait four days.  And that I have health insurance so that I can afford it.

"Give thanks with a grateful heart . . . "  

No comments:

Post a Comment