Saturday, September 22, 2018

Thankful Thursday - Two Days Late!

It was quite the "Thankful Thursday" just two days ago:
  • I had my gastroenterologist appointment right after my first shift at they Y.  Sweet WOMAN - if I'm going to that end, I'm going to a woman!  She agreed with me - diarrhea is annoying, but mine is regular and not exactly bothersome.  So she tested me for celiac disease and I'm waiting for the results. Thankfully, I can live with it (diarrhea) and if it comes with a diagnosis, deal with it.
  • From the doctor, I returned to the Y to deck manage for the evening session.  The first thing I was thankful for was Becky.  Veronica was ill and I didn't have to get in the water for her because Becky did!  
  • The second thing I was thankful for was lessons ended early.  If there's a tornado warning, we clear the pool.  Since the warning lasted until 7:30 p.m. and lessons ended at 7:10 p.m. we were done for the night.
  • Of course, that meant we all worked longer because we got to patrol the locker rooms and the pool until the "all clear" signal was given.  I found a young girl in tears.  Her mom had dropped her off for lessons and went home.  We talked it through.  Call your mom.  She did.  Take a shower.  She did.  Get dressed so that you're ready when your mom arrives.  She was.  And she was on her way home long before the rest of us.
Just another Thursday full of small, but significant thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment