Saturday, September 15, 2018

The Best Way to Teach CPR . . .

Friday morning, I had a private meeting with our aquatics director.  I told him I was tired of going into our CPR storage closet when I taught CPR and finding a disaster.  If that happened tomorrow (which is now today), I was going to quit.  I'd finish out this calendar year, but then I was done.  The Eagan Y promised me a clean closet (along with a chance to work with my friend, Melissa!) and I'd go there.

Fast forward to this morning.  My boss was there when I arrived cleaning the manikins I needed.  His exact words were, "Don't go in the closet.  I'll bring everything to you."  It turns out our equipment had been borrowed on Wednesday and returned in less than stellar shape.  Rather than have me quit - which I really was going to do! - he came in on overtime and brought the closet up to a standard I could live with.  Hmmm . . . wonder why?

The class went great - six fun people!  And I didn't have to clean a thing - he started cleaning manikins while I was teaching First Aid and had them all done by the time I got to Emergency Oxygen Administration! 

No comments:

Post a Comment