Thursday, September 6, 2018

Thankful Thursday . . .

. . . was actually yesterday at my house!

I started my morning off with a swim at the Y.  For eighty-three laps, I had the entire lane to my self.  Oh, what fun it was!  
 
Just before I left for my annual gyno appointment, I checked my e-mails.  There was one from my internal meds doctor.  He wanted me to see a rheumatologist.  Things aren't going well with the PMR.  He also wanted me to see a gastroenterologist.  That's where the biggest problems are happening.

So I fumed as I drove.  Two more doctor appointments to schedule.  Two new doctors to see.  Crab, crab, crab, crab, crab.  My gyno asked me how I was doing.  You know what she got - crab, crab, crab, crab, crab.

"But you're seeing a rheumatologist, right?  And eating your berries and your greens, right?"  Gotta love her - and thank God for the confirmation that I was going to spend today making appointments.

Next stop - lunch with a friend who has her leg in a cam boot (it was severely broken this summer), two small children and is getting a divorce - not her choice.  I'm thankful I could spend the time with her, encouraging, and let her know she has a friend.

Last stop - a Holiday Stampin' Up Open House where the husband was home.  I've known him the longest as he was my first Bible study leader in college!  Thankful that I got to connect with him, make some great cards and buy supplies; not to mention, he caught me up on some friends I hadn't seen or heard about in years.  It was an excellent day with much to be thankful for! 

No comments:

Post a Comment