Sunday, September 2, 2018

I-DON'T-WANT-TO-TALK-TO-YOU!!!

During yesterday's fiasco in the high ropes (four rescues!), I was left to "babysit" the clients up on top until another staff could come and zip with me.  I made small talk with a second-grader, his dad and his grandma.  I apologized to four clients who had successfully made it through the high ropes and were now stuck waiting.  I explained to the 5:30 p.m. group their need to sign waivers and that we would wait for everyone in their group to arrive before we geared them up.  After thirty plus minutes of that, I talked to everyone again as I sent them down the zip line - all twenty-one people - on platforms one, two and three!  By the time I got home last night, I did NOT want to talk to anyone!

Naturally, this morning found me at children's check-in at church, feeling EXACTLY the same as I did last night - "I don't want to talk to you!"  So I added, "Jesus, help!"  And He did!

To the dad I talked with about hunting elk, bear and moose.  To the mom who was concerned about her son's school experience.  To my new co-worker and why she chose this church.  To the pharmacist who was visiting from Mankato, and the grandma visiting from IOWA!  Talked I did to even more . . .

". . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the LORD of hosts."
  Zechariah 4:6 b

No comments:

Post a Comment