Thursday, May 31, 2018

Thankful Thursday!

Isn't it awesome that God has made each one of of different, with different gifts and talents and things we enjoy doing?  Today I am thankful that in less than twenty-four hours, God let me use the gifts He has given me in three very different, distinctive ways:
  1. Yesterday, I helped edit the Sand Creek Adventures Staff Manual via Google Docs.  This is the third staff manual I've worked on in my life (Kids' Safari Program Manual with Bloomington Public Schools, Mercy Ships Summer Program Manual and now the SCA Staff Manual).  I love being able to edit and reword and make things clearer for those reading the manual.  And I thoroughly enjoyed using Google Docs!
  2. This morning, I spoke with my supervisors at the Y about our next staff inservice.  I'm willing to lead a section on component teaching - you need to float before you can glide before you can glide and kick . . . You get the idea!  They're excited - me, too!  I like teaching, just not in the classroom.
  3. I got home from work and I had a request from Trinity's Vacation Bible School team to help plan an obstacle course for VBS this summer.  I'm in!  Nothing makes me happier than programming!  And, I volunteered to lead it with the fam.  Now, how much fun can I have?
I always used to think I was "different" because working with youth and children was "my thing".  No one else did it.  Now, I know I'm gifted and am thankful for the gifts God has given me!    

But Jesus called them to him, saying, 
“Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, 
for to such belongs the kingdom of God."  
Luke 18:16
 

No comments:

Post a Comment