Saturday, May 19, 2018

Right time, right place.

With Sam at his parents in Iowa and Micah at work, I decided to go to church tonight so I could sleep in tomorrow.  I got there a few minutes early, saw a lady toward the front sitting by herself and asked if I could join her.

Making conversation, I asked if she usually attended Saturday night service.  She said it varied, but she was driving to Des Moines tomorrow to meet her husband and then they were going on to Dallas.  I said I hoped she was doing something fun in Dallas.  Trust me, folks, she's not.  And I am ever grateful that God put me in the right place at the right time.

On March 31st of this year, their only son died following a car accident and they were going to Dallas to help his wife of five months part with his stuff and return to Minneapolis.  He had been hit by a drunken driver, but it was twelve hours before they found him.  He spent several days in the hospital where they got to say their good-byes.   

I would love to say the moral of this story is "Don't go to church early" and certainly "Don't talk to strangers", but the truth is I am so glad that I could sit with Terry in her husband's absence before she left for a difficult journey and that I can pray for her even now.  To God be the glory . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment