Thursday, May 3, 2018

Thankful Thursday!

On our way home from bringing a meal over to Nichole's house last night, one that is every parent's nightmare and every child's delight - pizza and chocolate chip cookies! - I told Sam about my day.  Keep in mind that Nichole shared with us that lumps on her thyroid were cancerous but her lymph nodes were clear - no chemo or radiation.  They had got it all.

When I bent over to pick up Annie's poo yesterday morning, I could barely do it.  I was feeling as bad as I had felt a month ago and I knew something wasn't right.  I came home and sent a MyChart message to my doctor and within an hour I had his response.

I've had a set back with my polymyalgial rheumatica.  That's all.  Just a set back.  For that I am thankful.  Like I said to Sam, it's not cancer.  I'm not dying.  I just hurt.

I'm back up to 15 mg of Prednisone.  I'm scheduled for a bone density test next week - Prednisone can destroy calcium.  I have blood work the first of June.  I see my doctor the second week.  In between awards night, baccalaureate, graduation, college visits, and work - I am thankful, that while it is painful, it is only a set back.  In His time . . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment