Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Only at Sand Creek . . .

I had the absolute best day at Sand Creek yesterday.  We had a group of thirty-some from Thrivent Financial out.  In that group, five people from the same department had requested to be together.  I got that group, with three additional people.  They were amazing.  After the first element and our first discussion, they became a team of eight and conquered the low ropes course.  I have never had such a successful group!  It was so excellent!

I also learned how to lead the "leap of faith" where you climb a telephone pole and jump off the top of it onto a trapeze bar.  Fun?  From where I was standing it was great!  Not that I'm ever going up . . .

As I drove to Sand Creek this morning, I thought absolutely nothing could top yesterday.  Was I ever wrong!  We had two groups today.  I got to work alone with seven  sixth and seventh graders from River Bend Nature Center while the rest of the staff took on a group of seventy kids from a Methodist Church in Edina.

We had so much fun!  I can't even begin to describe . . . I learned to belay on the incline log, we played great games, we had fun team building, and of course, we had to zip at the end!  After they left, I launched the other group on the zip line. 

The best news?  I have the next five days off!  Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment