Saturday, May 21, 2022

The Missing Name Tag

As I left the lunchroom on Wednesday, I went over to the desk to grab my phone, walkie talkie and name badge in order to go outside for recess.  My phone was there.  My walkie was there.  My name badge was not.  I looked all around the desk area.  No name badge.  I retraced my steps throughout the school.  No name badge.  I went out for recess.  No name badge.  Karen, my fellow tutor, went in and looked.  No name badge.

I came in from recess.  I talked to the secretary, the librarian, every teacher I saw.  No name badge.  I sent out an all-building e-mail.  No name badge.  I talked to our night custodian just before I left.  She would look while she cleaned.

I got the text at 4:00 p.m.  The custodian had found my badge in the third grade bathroom trash can.  She had emptied the trash can around 1:30 p.m. and found the badge just before 3:00 p.m. in that very same trash can.

I work third grade lunch.  It went missing during third grade lunch.  What the third graders did not know is that there are cameras by the third grade bathroom and the principal will be checking them to find out who the culprit is!  

No comments:

Post a Comment