Saturday, May 7, 2022

Home At Last!

Imagine my surprise yesterday when I called Dad at the hospital and a lady answered the phone!  She had no idea who Dad was, but she was in his room which only meant one thing . . . he was home!  

Sure enough, I called him there.  Why he never let my sister or I know, but only called my brother who isn't speaking with either of us, I'll never know!

Uncle Bob brought him home Thursday afternoon.  Bob answered his cell phone, said sure, he'd bring Dad home and then came and picked him up.  Uncle Bob NEVER said he was at the dentist!  He just left, brought Dad home and then went back over to Spirit Lake (a fifteen minute drive!) to pick up his dentures!

The story only gets better . . . Dad was a bit surprised that the home health nurse hadn't stopped by yet.  It was almost 4:00 p.m. and he certainly thought she should have been there by now.  I told him to call her.  Well, he didn't want to do that.  Would I text his neighbor, Toni, who is an RN, and ask her if she could stop by?  Fortunately, Toni responded back to my text while I was still talking to Dad and said she'd stop over.  

The text I got from her this morning was priceless!  She read him the riot act and then said anytime he needed help, he could just call her!  If she was home, she would be there!

Bless the two ladies from church who have been bringing Dad groceries and mail and helping him in any way they can!  

No comments:

Post a Comment