Saturday, May 21, 2022

The Gentle Shark

 My second grade "Read Naturally" students having been reading a story called "The Gentle Shark" to me.  In there, it says that "the great white shark swims two to three miles an hour".  Now, I can honestly swim two miles in a little over an hour, so I've been adding a line to what the kids read, "the great white shark swims two to three miles an hour just like Mrs. Zupke".  

Yesterday, I told one of the boys he had to read between the lines when he did his final reading and sure enough, he read to me "the great white shark swims two to three miles an hour just like Mrs. Zupke".  

The story only gets better . . . when he found out that yesterday was our last day together, he ran out to give me a hug good-bye and then said, "the great white shark swims two to three miles an hour just like Mrs. Zupke".

I love that kid! 

No comments:

Post a Comment