Saturday, January 29, 2022

South Metro Manna Pack

Micah and I volunteered to be hosts at the South Metro Manna Pack for Feed My Starving Children on Thursday afternoon.  It was held at Berean and allowed us to serve both our church and our community at one time.

Just before the pack started, I caught two girls waving at me from across the foyer.  I knew they were in fifth grade at OHE, but I had no idea who exactly they were until the next day.  Tegan came up to me and said, "Mrs. Zupke, I saw you at Feed My Starving Children last night!"  To which I replied, "I saw you, too.  Who were you with?"  "Nora."  I ran into Nora at recess.  "Nora, why didn't you come over and say 'Hi' last night?"  "You were busy working."

Well, let me tell you, that didn't stop one of our third graders from OHE!  He came running up to me, "Mrs. Zupke, do you work here?"  We chatted for a bit, but with a face mask on along with a hairnet, I had no idea who I was talking to!  Until lunch the next day . . .

By the time I got over to his table, everyone at it knew that Brody had seen me at Feed My Starving Children the night before and they all thought we were pretty cool!

And to think, all I saw on Tuesday night were neighbors . . . 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment