Monday, January 31, 2022

It could always be worse!

It was a non-school day for me today - the last day of the semester!  

I had it all planned out - a late swim at 7 a.m. was first on my agenda.  I arrived at the Y at 6:40 a.m. and the pool was closed.  The lifeguard was out sick and there wouldn't be one on duty until noon.  I asked if there were any other open times to swim today.  Nope.  Not a one.  But then Kathy smiled at me and said, "Just sneak in.  You know we won't be full to capacity.  If you can find someone to share a lane with, share it."  I went back to the Y at noon, walked in with my friend Kerri who had a lane reservation AND said I could share her lane with her AND had a great swim!

I came home ready to launch my on-line Red Cross Basic Life Support Instructor course only to discover I did not have a launch button.  It only took three phone calls and two different computers and I now have a launch button that should work from any computer.  Once I hit "publish", I'm going to see.

The icing on the cake today was when my new shoe arrived from Dick's.  I had ordered a pair of shoes, but I only got one and it didn't fit.  That was a fun phone call to make, but I got a $10.00 credit toward my next pair of shoes and they promised me that the swimsuit I ordered would come in its entirety!  Sure hope so!  Now I just need to return that shoe to Dicks . . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment