Friday, January 14, 2022

Our New Year's Resolution . . .

Almost fifteen days into the New Year, I think it might be safe to share our New Year's resolution!  

Last April when Micah and I did North Central University's "Run for the Unreached", we each received a copy of the book, "Missionary God, Missionary Bible" by Dick Brogden.

They laid on our kitchen counter for eight months, totally ignored.  Then one day in December, I said to Sam, "Want to read through the Bible in a year with me?" and he said, "Yes."

So we're reading "Missionary God, Missionary Bible", a one year daily devotional based on a chronological reading of the Bible.  Each day we read Scripture, a devotional connecting the reading to God's great missionary plan, and pray for an unreached people group. 

Seriously, who knew Job was a contemporary of Abraham's?  Not me!  Or that what is written in Job 19 might be what a Muslim-based believer might say today?  Not me!  So far, it's been an amazing read . . . and we'll have two copies to share come January 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment