Tuesday, January 11, 2022

My Newest Speaking Gig

We weren't just short tutors yesterday - we were short staff in every department and multiple classrooms.  It was also the day of our "PBIS Tours".  We had third, fourth and fifth graders touring all the different areas in the building, with different staff going over what our expectations were for them in each area.

Mo, our supervisor, met with the tutors first thing in the morning.  "Are any of you willing to take an area for the tours?  I'll let two of you go together."  

Angela and I said we'd do it and we were given the lunchroom. As we walked over there, Angela said, "I'm really not much for public speaking, but I'm a great support.  Do you mind taking the lead?"  

Sure.  No problem.  At the end of five speeches, we were doing pretty good and Angela swore I was a natural!  

Fast forward.  I had just walked into the building this morning and Angela met me.  "I talked to Mo and we can do the lunchroom again!"   Awesome.  Kinders.  First Graders. Second Graders.  Nine speeches.  No worries.  

I've now met every student who was in attendance so far this week.  And, I no longer have a voice!   But the best part was - we really truly did have fun!    

No comments:

Post a Comment