Saturday, January 15, 2022

BIG Whoops!

The American Red Cross asked me to verify my instructor certifications this week, so I checked them out this afternoon.  Water Safety Instructor - current.  Check.  First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor - current.  Check.  CPR/AED for Professional  Rescuers - Missing.  Say what?  

So I went to my personal "Certifications" folder on our home computer and found my  CPR-Pro instructor cert dated for May 8, 2017.  Which means it would have expired on May 8, 2019.  Whoops!  I called the Red Cross.  Sure enough - I had never renewed my "CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers" Instructor Certification!

Micah asked me if I had taught any CPR-Pro classes after my cert had expired and I'm pretty sure that I had just taught one.  Fortunately, it was in December of 2019 so whoever took it from me would have expired last month.  Whew!

Now I'm enrolled in a "Bridge Class" that I get to take on line to re-renew my "CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers" Instructor Certification.  Fortunately, my current "First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor" cert let me get in to the class.  Unfortunately, I downloaded the WRONG card - it's still current, but it's not the new stuff that just came out last month.  Fortunately, the class is free and I have all next weekend to get it done - provided they approve the wrong card I downloaded!

The stories you just can't make up . . .   

No comments:

Post a Comment