Friday, January 14, 2022

Just When You Thought It Couldn't Get Worse . . .

In the sixteen months I've been working for Lakeville Schools, my supervisor has never come into my space and sat down.  Key words:  sat down.  I knew something was up!

Sure enough, Karen, our fourth grade tutor and my lunchroom/recess partner, who also holds a current teaching license, was being pulled.  For the next thirty days, she is going to cover Cristina's maternity leave.

McKenna had been hired to cover Cristina's leave, but she just graduated this fall and her license hasn't come through yet, so she can't be alone in the classroom, even as a sub.

That means that in addition to doing FastBridge with all of the Title 1 fifth graders, I was now going to be doing FastBridge with all of the Title 1 fourth graders, too.  And, I am now doing MAP testing with second, fourth and fifth grades.  

Plus without Karen there to help with recess and lunch, whenever someone is absent from the first hour, I get to do that, too.  I'm not sure there's enough chocolate in the world . . .      

No comments:

Post a Comment