Thursday, October 29, 2020

Thankful Thursday!

Today, I can honestly say, without a doubt, that I am so thankful I'm not the chief custodian at Oak Hills Elementary.  Rob started just before MEA so he's been on the job almost three full weeks.  Tomorrow we're having two fire drills.  In order to get ready for them, today he checked out the fire alarm.  And . . . IT.WENT.OFF. . .

. . . During the first lunch period causing chaos and disruption.  Like no one thought it was for real because we all knew the drills were scheduled for tomorrow.  But we got our first graders and took them outside.  We waited for the fire department to come and give us the all clear so they could literally go in have COLD.LUNCH.

Poor Rob felt absolutely miserable.  He sent out a building wide apology e-mail.  And me?  I was just thankful I wasn't him!


No comments:

Post a Comment