Saturday, October 17, 2020

Poor Prior Planning . . .

The advantage of having me work in another district/building means I get to see new/different classroom ideas.  I asked Aimee, one of our OHE fifth grade teachers if I could take pictures of her room so Sam could get ideas for his.  One of the ideas we both liked was a series of words she had put in the front of her classroom.  She told me how she'd made them, so I made the exact same words for Sam.   

Last Tuesday night, I stopped by Sam's classroom after my chiro appointment to help him finish up his room.  The kids had been in class for three weeks.  It was time.  I laid out the words on the floor in the front of the room, but they didn't fit where Sam wanted them.

We moved to the back of the room on our illegally painted wall.  I handed the letters up to Sam.  He stuck them on the wall.  We got to about the fourth word and we were like, "Woah, this isn't going to fit.  We have too much space."  Jokingly, I said, "Oh, let's just put in another word.  We can think of one."  

Here's the picture.  If you can find the word that is NOT on Mrs. Bakke's wall, we will send you a prize! 



No comments:

Post a Comment