Thursday, October 15, 2020

An Unexpected Text

One of my co-worker from Sand Creek sent me the following text today:

 "It's been a bit since we chatted or worked together, so I hope that doesn't cause issues with this request.  I'm applying for a firefighter/paramedic position and would like to list you as a reference as I believe you can speak well to my planning skills, my group interactions skills, my risk mitigation thought process, and my calmness under pressure.  If you feel you can be a positive reference, may I list your number and share you as a reference?"

My response?  "I honestly trust you with my life and I would be honored to give you a glowing reference."

He's not a believer - yet.  I'm glad he's keeping this door open.  I would always welcome the opportunity to work with him again.  And when I'm anywhere on the course, I truly do trust him with my life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment