Saturday, August 22, 2020

The Doctor's Report

When my doctor finally stopped laughing about the alien that showed up on his screen Thursday afternoon, we got down to business.  My cholesterol is excellent.  My SEDrate for my PMR is normal.  If everything goes according to plan, I should take my last prednisone pill on Election Day.  However, my potassium is low and I have a lump just above my collar bone that my boss noticed on Wednesday at work.  

I love my doctor!  He said that he would be at the Lakeville Clinic on Wednesday, less than a mile from my house.  Would I be willing to drop by and have him run out to the parking lot and check out that lump?  No brainer.  Of course!  We're setting the time on Tuesday.

He's pretty sure the lump is nothing, quite possibly the result of my costochondritis, but he wants to make sure.  

We also talked about me returning to work, specifically at Sand Creek where bilateral face masks are not required.  He said it was up to me.  I might be fine.  I might not.  I needed to make the decision.

From his standpoint, I am extremely healthy for someone "my age".  However, Covid isn't following any set pattern.  He encouraged me to be safe, not sorry.

After a long talk with Sam, who would rather have me stay home and paint the house, we decided on "no masks, no work".  I sent an e-mail off to my boss who has yet to respond.  My guess is, I'll be painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment