Sunday, August 23, 2020

An Update on the Boss' Hub

This was so NOT the text I expected to get from my boss regarding her husband!  I don't know why I'm surprised.  I asked you to pray.

"They were able to control the heart arrhythmia with a lidocaine.  The cardiologist told the hospital doctor to use it.  The hospital doctor's reaction was that he hadn't used this medication in years, but he started Duane on it so his heart has been stable.  Since his heart was stable and oxygen levels were good, yesterday they tried to ween him off the ventilator by having him initiate the breaths.  That went so well that (Friday) afternoon they took him off the ventilator.  He is breathing on his own with supplemental oxygen.  He's alert off and on and answers simple questions with "yes, no, okay, etc."  It sounds like they will move him out of ICU (Sunday).  I have been amazed!"  

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment