Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Smiling with Memories of Mom

My mom was one of a kind.  To know her was to love her.  I was driving through some road construction this morning and thought of her.  (She died in 2007.) 

I remembered the time she picked me up in Jackson, MN (pop. 3200) when a friend from college dropped me off there.  She ended up driving the wrong way down a one way street.  People were honking at her and trying to signal her.  She just smiled and waved, saying, "They sure are friendly, aren't they?" 

Then there was the time we were in Sioux Falls, SD, driving down a major four-lane road, one that had a fifth lane in the middle for turn lanes.  She drove right down the middle of the turn lane for a couple of blocks, saying, "Well, if they pick me up, I can honestly tell them I'm lost."  

I was telling my dad this this afternoon.  He started to chuckle.  Then he said, it was even harder to teach her how to drive!    

No comments:

Post a Comment