Wednesday, August 26, 2020

The Dock Doctor

I pulled into the clinic this morning to see my doctor and it was a first!  He was waiting to see me!  We went outside, caught up on life, and then he checked out my lump.  It turns out that there's really nothing wrong with me.  I just happen to have a larger bone on the top of my clavicle.  No worries!  Yay!

The best part of the day was when I thanked him for seeing me at Lakeville rather than having me drive up to Bloomington.  He said he was getting ready to retire and is definitely thinking about going part-time next year.  He and his wife have a cabin up north.  She thought he could become a "dock doctor",  seeing people at their docks to go over their health concerns and then being paid by barter.  Interesting concept.  If he leaves, I'm really going to miss him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment