Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Back at Sand Creek . . .

Compliments of my PMR (polymyalgia rheumatica), I have not worked at Sand Creek since last October.  The prednisone I'm on is an immunosuppressant and my doctor did not want me working out there during COVID without bilateral face mask usage.  Since the boss did not agree with the doctor, I did not work until Sunday.

Sunday evening, we had a group of conservative Muslim women come out to zip.  Twenty seven of them!  They did not want to have any male staff touching them.  I agreed to work on the condition that everyone would wear face masks.

When I got there, none of the SCA staff had on face masks.  Anna apologized to me, explaining why she was not wearing one.  Since I had been praying for this issue in her life for the past two years, I let her know I appreciated her talking with me.  

Then she shared that two of the female staff she had expected to work were not coming.  One was at home awaiting results for a COVID test, the other after promising to work, chose not to.  We were horribly short staffed.

I prayed, asking God to protect me and keep me safe while I worked.  The women wore masks (for the most part - a few needed reminders).  My boss did not.  I truly am very disappointed with his behavior and choices.  I'm not sure where to go with it.  

And it got worse.  We had another group after the women, a deaf family.  I knew Anna had driven an hour to work and really wanted to go home so I stayed.  Did my boss even mention face masks?  No.

I was even more disappointed.  

I meet with my doctor on Thursday.  We'll decide if I go back to work or not.      

No comments:

Post a Comment