Tuesday, April 28, 2020

The Trail Untrammeled

As an outdoor ed. major, when I walk through Raven Lake, the closest thing we have to a park in our neighborhood, I like to see it as God made it, without painted rocks, trash, did I mention painted rocks?  The bane of my existence!

So when I walked Annie through Raven Lake on Sunday and saw the painted rocks along the trail - HORROR! - I held back.  I didn't toss them in the lake.  I just mocked them.  "This one would look better here."  "That was a stupid place to put a rock."  "Creative people would have put a rock here."

When I walked Annie through Raven Lake on Monday, I moved the rocks to where I thought they would look best.  I did not deprive the rock painter of their freedom of expression (untrammeled), but I did choose to exhibit a much more creative design.
 
When I walked Annie through Raven Lake on Tuesday, I took pictures of some of my favorites.  (Trust me, some were really ugly.). Let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment