Tuesday, April 7, 2020

The Gift

Challenged by the book, "42 Seconds", by Carl Medearis, last night to "Say something crazy, risk looking foolish", it came to me today.  The week before Easter, I want to share one gift God has given me each and every day.  Since I'm already running behind (yup, it is Tuesday), let me give you Sunday, Monday and Tuesday's gifts all in one post.

Sunday's Gift
Sunday's gift was face masks for Covid-19.  That's another blog post if those pictures Matt took will ever come through.  But know this:  when you make your own face masks, and your adult children put them on, and they let you take family pictures in them, it is indeed a gift.  It will be an even greater gift if they wear them when the need arises. 

Monday's Gift
Sam got my close-to-thirty-year-old TREK bike up and running for me.  Since swimming is currently not an option, my bionic knees will be challenged with biking.  I don't know why they're complaining - they had to bike during therapy!

Tuesday's Gift
I turned around at the check-out lane at Cub today, and there was my gift - my dear friend and swimming buddy Carla.  I can't tell you how good it was to see her and catch up.  We didn't hug, although we wanted to.  I did take a picture of her for our friend, Ruth, because Carla was a great gift to share.  Even the person at the register thanked us for making her day!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment