Friday, April 10, 2020

Friday's Gift

Have you ever gotten a gift that you really didn't like or need or maybe even know what it was for?  That was one of our wedding gifts!  It was two bright red straps.  Once we figured out what it was for, we honestly did not NEED it - at all!

I can't say I like this gift of "sheltering in place", but I know what it's for so I know I need to do it.  And it's brought unexpected gifts with it.  Time with neighbors who are sitting outside.  A sweet little three year old girl who has to run over and say "hi" every time she sees us walking Annie.  Church at home.

I can honestly say I probably would not have gone to Maundy Thursday services or Good Friday services had I had to get dressed up, brush my teeth and drive an entire ten minutes to get there.  I have been gifted by Covid-19.  

No comments:

Post a Comment