Thursday, April 16, 2020

Darcy's Birthday!

Today was my friend Darcy's birthday.  She purchased a birthday cake from Micah which we were going to deliver.  We knew she lived in the neighborhood as our kids went to the same elementary school, but we had never been to her house.  Beloved Daughter memorized the house number and we took off, me holding the cake, she driving.  

"Mom, do you know where Darcy lives?"
"No, didn't you bring your phone?"
"No, but I know the house number."
"Do you know what streets we turn on?"
"No, but I'm sure I can find it."

We got close - I used to run back there, but not quite.  We turned around, went home, got the phone, googled directions and delivered the cake:

Of course, that's not the end of the story.  Darcy invited the women in our Bible study to a parade at 6:00 p.m. in front of her house to celebrate her special day.  As we drove by, she was going to give us cupcakes.

We took two cars to the parade - both Matt's!  Micah drove the Veloster, Matt drove the Geni and I rode with Matt.    

Darcy and her hub liked Matt's cars.  He asked if he could squeal out of there - they live in a cul de sac.  They said to go for it and he did.  

Their neighbor, who was outside at the time, flipped us off.  Opps!

No comments:

Post a Comment