Saturday, April 27, 2019

The Choice.

I taught CPR-PR, First Aid and Emergency Oxygen Administration at the Y this morning to a very small group that only got smaller.  We were doing adult CPR on the floor - because, after all, who could lift an unconscious adult up on a table to do CPR?  One of the ladies, a very sweet lady, couldn't do the compressions at all.  And I, being the evil instructor that I am (after all, my name IS on the card if we get audited!) said that she needed to be able to do CPR for a minimum of five consecutive cycles without stopping.  She looked at me, smiled sadly, and said, "I guess I'll be going home."  I offered her another opportunity to start over and she choose to leave.  Honestly, I prefer that choice over me telling her she was not going to pass . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment