Thursday, April 18, 2019

Thankful Thursday!

You've heard it before and I'm going to say it once again, I like my doctor!  On this "Thankful Thursday", I met with him for the annual thyroid/cholesterol check.  I went in tired and walked out with a smile.  I'm thankful:
  • That while my cholesterol was over 250, my cholesterol ratio was 2.something - too low to be on meds! I have amazing good cholesterol!
  • That my thyroid dose will be changed and my energy should return soon!
  • That I was correct in my self-care for costochondritis.  I got that diagnosis in January from my rheumatologist who wanted me to see my internist who agreed with me today!
  • That my PMR is improving.  Last year at this time, my SED rate was a whopping 77.  This month it's down to 9 and I'm down to 7 mg of Prednisone, soon to be six! 
  • That Metamucil comes in pill form.  You can figure that one out on your own says the ex-runner who can no longer run! 
  • That I no longer have to take the baby aspirin I was taking after my knee surgery.  
It was a great day for me - and I'm thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment