Thursday, April 4, 2019

Thankful Thursday!

"Thankful Thursday!" actually began on Tuesday.  I received a call from my doctor's office that the appointment I had scheduled for April 17 had to be rescheduled.  The same appointment that I had already rescheduled from April 16 and actually scheduled back in January.  Unfortunately, my doctor was booked through late July.  Would I like to see one of the other doctor's at the clinic?

Ummm . . . No.  I had already booked this appointment - twice.  I have been with this doctor for close to thirty years!  I had his sons in swimming lessons!  Our sons played soccer against each other!  NO!  

But I felt called to pray about it, rather than return a ranting phone call.  Wednesday morning, I got the God nudge, "Send an e-mail", which I did later that afternoon.  

In it, I shared the two reasons I wanted to see him besides the "annual checkup".  I said that if he felt those two items were not pressing, I would have no problem waiting until July to get together.  However, if he felt they needed to be addressed sooner, which one of his co-workers would he recommend me seeing?  And then I asked that he would personally respond to me.

Seriously, I had no sooner hit the "Send" button and walked up stairs and the phone rang.  Fairview Clinics.  It was my doctor's nurse.  She has the power to schedule appointments.  Would I like to see my doctor at 9 a.m. or 4 p.m. on April 18?  I gratefully took the 4 p.m. and thanked her profusely!

I came down this morning to a personal e-mail from my doctor, apologizing for his crazy schedule - he's doing a special project for Fairview and it's taking up a lot of his time, more than he likes.  But he was glad his nurse was able to get me in and he was looking forward to seeing me!  Definitely a Thankful Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment