Thursday, December 27, 2018

Thankful Thursday!

Today I am ever so thankful I am NOT doing what I was supposed to be doing!  How's that for being cryptic?

I have been scheduled to teach the Water Safety Aid (WSA) class over Winter Break for ISD 196 since October.  Once I found out about my knee surgery, I let them know that while I could still teach, I couldn't get in the water.  Rather hard to teach swimming instructors how to be swimming instructors without getting wet, eh?

So Sabrina came up with a rather creative alternative.  I would be her assistant while helping the WSA class with their practice teachings - in the pool, but not in the water.  

So yesterday while I did data entry and other paper work for the WSI class (Water Safety Instructor), Sonja (who is teaching the WSA class) cleaned up vomit, dealt with a student having an anxiety attack on the deck and took care of the used tampon in the shower - all in less than thirty minutes while I typed away.

Today wasn't nearly as exciting, but I did get to enter information for the American Red Cross Aquatics Program - something I haven't done in years!  And oversee practice teachings for the WSA class.  Thankful to be the Winter Break "float" and not the WSA instructor - which means I also don't have to teach CPR tomorrow or First Aid on Friday.  It's a happy week!   

No comments:

Post a Comment