Friday, December 14, 2018

How High Can You Go?

When you "limbo", the question is "How low can you go?"

When you get a total knee replacement, the question is "How high can you go?"

Today, I've got the answer.  My PT's are pushing me toward a knee bend of 120 degrees.  They think I could potentially make 125-130 degrees because I am so far ahead of the curve.  HOWEVER, anything higher than that is overkill and could pop my knee out of the bionic socket and do far more damage than good.  Think:  total knee replacement x2.  No thanks!

Today's numbers:
  • On my own, I was able to straighten my leg to a ZERO!  Which is perfect!  The ultimate magic number!  If I can do all zero's next week, I win!  Not sure what, but I win!
  • On my own, I bent my knee to 109 degrees. The PT was pushing for 110, but I did improve six degrees in forty-eight hours.  We were happy.
  • She managed to bend my knee to 115 degrees.  It was painful, but successful! 
I would say an over-all happy day!  Party on!

No comments:

Post a Comment