Monday, December 31, 2018

Last Whine Until Two-O-One-Nine!

I grabbed my pool bag this morning, gave Sam a quick kiss and headed off to my surgeon appointment, fully planning to swim after my chiro appointment which followed my surgeon appointment.  

This is the knee that got the "no" - as in no swimming.  If you look at it closely, you'll see a little red scrape to the left of the scar, center of the picture.  

Saturday at work, I had picked up a deck chair.  One of the legs hit me beside the scar - hence the little red scrape.  It began to bleed and bleed and bleed.  We applied a bandaid and I didn't think twice about it.

Until the surgeon asked me this morning, "Did you cut yourself shaving?"  

"Um . . . no!  I was attacked by a deck chair."

You know, I could pick up a deck chair a million more times and I would never get a little cut like that again.  But it is that little cut that is keeping me out of the pool until Friday . . .  

And this is my last whine until 2019!  I've already whined to Sam and Matt and Micah and my chiropractor and now, my friend, to you!    

No comments:

Post a Comment