Friday, September 22, 2017

Thankful Thursday!

I would have posted last night, but Ken and Karol kept us out far too late for me to be functional!  I was so thankful yesterday to see our long time friends from Colorado!  

Ken and I met in 1980 at the Navigator's TRIM program in Minneapolis.  I honestly don't remember what TRIM stood for - other than what we called it - "Teaching Rebellion in Minneapolis!"  

Karol and I met that fall when she became Nav staff at Mankato State; however, we really didn't become friends until we both lived out in Colorado Springs somewhere around 1985.  

I know they're going to read this, so I let me put it delicately.  While Karol and I were living in the Springs, Karol had a crush on Ken that I knew about.  Ken had no idea, so Ken asked me out on a date when he was out in Colorado skiing.  It could have been the most awkward date ever - Ken wanting to get to know me, me wanting to let Ken know how wonderful Karol was.  All I can say is - it all worked out in the end . . .

And we had the most pleasant time ever last night!  Thank you, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment