Sunday, September 17, 2017

Thankful Thursday comes on Saturday at the Y and Sand Creek!

Wednesday was a rough day.  I received information from two different friends that left me hurting for them.  Thursday wasn't exactly a thankful day, but a prayerful day . . . but Saturday was coming!

I was at the Y bright and early for a CPR Professional Rescuer/First Aid/Emergency Oxygen Administration class.  I had a blast!  I was thankful for a fast moving class who had all had these classes before and I was thankful we were done by 10:45 a.m. at which point one of the ladies stayed and talked to me.

It turns out she started attending Berean about the same time we did and she was so interested in our trip to Ukraine.  I was ever so thankful for the opportunity to share it with her!

Around 11 a.m. Barbara came in to do an oxygen challenge and I asked if I could join in since I didn't have to be to work at Sand Creek until 2:30 p.m.  She said yes, I challenged and I passed with 80% - thankfully, I'm done with that class for another two years!

I finally got into my car around noon and checked my phone messages.  Our SCA team build at 3 p.m. had cancelled, but could I come to work at 1 p.m.?  Sure!  I was half dressed anyway (I had my SCA uniform on under my Y uniform - after all, I do a majority of the laundry at our house!).

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times - there is no such thing as a bad day at Sand Creek!  Yesterday was no exception!  The rain held off.  The groups were great.  The tips were unexpectedly high.  We were done early.  God is good . . . and I am thankful!


No comments:

Post a Comment