Sunday, September 10, 2017

Only at Sand Creek . . .

We had the most lovely morning at Sand Creek yesterday, Mark, Alan and I.  We had just fun groups, including a guy from Sweden who wants to bring his designer car group out and bring us dinner to enjoy with them!  Let's hope he does and I'm working that day!

Then afternoon hit.  Our 4:30 p.m. zip showed up at 1:00 pp.m. and wanted to wait to zip - over three hours!  We thought they were nuts!  Around 1:30 p.m., I finally convinced them it was their hearts desire to zip NOW and they agreed.  It made it a bit rushed when the frat guys showed up - full of testosterone and only in one size - extra large!  We just shook our heads.  They were so large that they determined on their own that they would help me get them off the high ropes zip line.  Two of them would stop their friend and hold on to him while I took the trolley off.  Believe me, I'm not sure I could have stopped one of them on my own.  Tony even said, "I'm bigger than twice your size!" 

Al, who owns the land Sand Creek is on, had a guest pastor over yesterday who ended up zipping and doing the high ropes course with the frat guys.  By the end of the afternoon, they were "roughing the pastor" and having a blast!  

Fortunately, by sending our 4:30 p.m. zip group early, we were able to actually go home early - 5:15 p.m.!  Party on!

No comments:

Post a Comment