Sunday, September 3, 2017

Only at Sand Creek - on Saturday!

After a lovely Friday, Saturday hit!
  • I managed to lose a brand new helmet while touring a group with Mark.  It blew off my head and landed on the cliff side of the creek which means it will be a swimming rescue.  Mark promised me he'd look for it today.
  • We had a lovely 93-year-old woman come zipping with her three youngest daughters (she has ten children).  Unfortunately, the daughter who drove them to Sand Creek also lost her car key on the zip.  Trust me - the helmet will be easier to find!  Unfortunately, she was from North Carolina.  Her husband tried to help from a distance, but it was not working.  The local Hyundai dealer was no help either - they suggested calling a locksmith.  I went over to Al's house (Al owns the land Sand Creek is on) to ask for the name of a good locksmith.  Seriously, Al came over with what he needed to break into the car and he was successful!
  • Shortly after 3 p.m., we headed to high ropes where Mark got to do three rescues.  I only had one.  Mike stepped on to the cargo net and went down - vertigo.  Unfortunately, Mike was double my size and getting him up was a challenge.  Fortunately, I eventually experienced success and was able to get him up and off the course, but he didn't climb or zip for the rest of the day. 
  • In the midst of the chaos, Joe came over from the trailer and said, "I've only lived here three years and thought it was about time I went zipping!"  "Sure, Joe, we'll fit you in!  No worries!"
Here's what we've determined - any day at Sand Creek tends to be a good day - no matter what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment