Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Terrible Tuesday followed by Wonderful Wednesday!

I got into my car yesterday morning (Tuesday!) with just enough time to get a good swim in before lessons started - only my car was frozen.  Like i couldn't move the steering wheel or the gears or anything.  It was frozen.  Since Sam had brought my car in for a tune up the day before I assumed he did something to it, so I called him at school - only he wasn't in his room.  The office line was busy.  He never checks his cell phone.  I started dialing random classroom numbers and on the second try, I got the teacher next door!  Haven't met her yet, she may think I'm slightly crazy, but she got Sam for me!  And the second he got on the phone, my car thawed and did everything it was suppose to do.  He thinks it had something to do with the tune-up.  He may be right.  

I got to the pool.  There was a woman in the lap lane we call "The Tank".  She doesn't move for anyone - ever.  She's slow and if you can't pass her, too bad.  You can swim slow too.  It was okay until Dean arrived.  He's eighty-five and deaf and quite the crooked swimmer.  He's also slow.  We now had to circle swim.  But it wasn't over.  Let's add Bill to the mix.  He's hard of hearing and slow, too, but very gracious about it as is Dean.  One mile in and "The Tank" left, then Dean left, and Bill and I just laughed and said how nice it was to have the pool to ourselves.

Of course, then I had lessons.  There's one dad in my parent/child class who doesn't listen to Katie and I, the teachers, or the lifeguards.  I can live with it as long as his nineteen-month old daughter doesn't drown.  

My next class - Axel was back.  Trust me.  There was only ONE child all of last year who's behavior was not appropriate - biting, hitting, whatever he could do when I wasn't looking - and that was Axel.  He pushed Max into the pool.  I caught him.  Mom was on my side.  Maybe Tuesday was getting a bit better . . .

This morning (Wednesday), I ended up with at Sand Creek leading a team build for a dentist and his staff.  I misunderstood him when he told me his name and I thought it was "Tom" so I called him "Tom".  Turns out it was Todd.  Funny thing was, his staff either called him "Dr. G_______" or Tom.  None of them would use his given name - Todd.  Fortunately, they were a fantastic group who worked hard and listened well.  They also left me $40.00 tip which made my day!  i like Wednesday . . .     

No comments:

Post a Comment